Working with you, our sectors, regions and your executive council I will:
- Ensure the full weight of our union and every resource available is there when you need it in the fight for jobs, pay, security and the safety of our members.
- Equip our representatives with the skills and knowledge they need with a renewed training, development and education programme.
- Put in place a new Workplace Development and Innovation Programme to support branches and workplaces looking to use digital tech to build our organisation, test new ideas and methods of engagement.
- Establish a new Industrial Strategy and Green Transition Team to work with you on our collective demands for investment in jobs, people and training; winning in the face of automation and digital technology. Ensuring no one is left behind in a ‘worker led transition’ to a shorter working week (without loss of pay) in a greener, cleaner economy.
- Bring together a diverse ‘leadership team’ nationally and decentralise as appropriate to support and develop stronger regions, workplace organisation and more effective branches.
- Ensure organising support is where we need it, when we need it in our regions and sectors while protecting our ability to develop national campaigns and effective leverage strategies.
Equip our representatives with the skills and knowledge they need with a renewed training, development and education programme