Help get the vote out for Steve
We did it! Steve won the most nominations by a long shot which was amazing and down to the hard work of supporters. We now need to make sure Steve wins the most votes and becomes our next General Secretary.
Everyone can do their bit to get Steve over the line. The ballot period is 5th July until 23rd August. Remember it’s a postal ballot and members need to post their vote for Steve!
Here’s five things you can do:
- Put up a poster and give your colleagues Vote Steve materials. You can download and print posters here.
- Talk to five Unite members and ask them to Vote Steve – every week of the ballot period. Email us if you need more information or support doing this, and don't forget Steve has plenty of videos for you to use.
- Make sure Unite has your up-to-date home address. It’s really important that the union has your up-to-date home address as that is where the General Secretary election ballot papers are sent when the voting period starts. You can update your address yourself here. Select at ‘Manage my details’ and below click onto the ‘My Profile’ button then click the box ‘About You'. If you don’t have an account it's easy to create one. Or contact your regional office to ask them to update your home address.
- If your branch has nominated Steve your region can help you communicate with members in your branch. This could be by an email, direct mail or a text or all three! Your branch will need to pay for this out of your branch funds – contact your regional office for assistance.
- Phone banking – get a small group together from your branch to call members asking them to vote for Steve.
If you don't receive a ballot paper the helpline for a replacement ballot opens 6th August
Phone: 020 8365 8909
If you have any questions or would like some materials contact us:
Steve is the only candidate that can unite our union and has a vision to make our union even greater.